This internship is designed for current college students, undergraduate or graduate, seeking a career in multifamily or commercial real estate or property management. Participation in the program is intended to provide a well-rounded knowledge of the business and valuable skills, earned by working alongside talented professionals in the largely successful apartment buildings and homes in Madison, WI. The internship accelerates learning and development by providing a strong foundation upon which to build your multifamily real estate sales or property management career. The program provides you with a unique perspective on our operations, marketing, and hospitality. As a program participant, you will also partake in learning and development activities designed especially for you.
This internship is designed for candidates with a strong academic background, preferably in business, finance, or real estate. Applicants should be self-motivated, creative, and disciplined, seeking to excel in the multifamily real estate industry.
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service is a plus
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to problem-solve and identify/implement process improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in order to communicate issues, problems, ideas, concerns, and information on work progress
- Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Entrata, Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator software knowledge a plus
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Valid driver’s license required
Essential Leasing Intern Job Functions
Assist in all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, and lease renewals, including generating and handling traffic, leasing apartments, marketing and qualifying prospects
Assist property management team in preparing lease documentation and completes move-in procedures in accordance with the company’s and the community’s established policies and procedures
Provides high-quality resident service and conveys resident service requests to the property manager
Attend weekly resident events on and off-site working with the concierge team to execute
Contribute to maintaining property management’s knowledge of the market, including knowledge of competition and analysis of market data
Performs additional assignments as directed by the Property Manager
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies/procedures, Fair Housing, American with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to housing.