A HOUSEKEEPER/PORTER’S DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Responsible for helping to maintain the entire property in an attractive, comfortable condition.
- Assists in trash pickup on the property.
- Assists in all types of cleaning, when necessary and as requested.
- Assists in completing the clean on corporate units, turnovers/make-readies of vacant units, as requested.
- Assists with resident functions, as requested.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager on a regular basis, as directed.
- Maintains good relationships with other staff members, working with the Leasing Office and under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains good rapport with outside, contract vendors working on the property.
- Maintains good rapport with current and prospective residents.
The activities listed below are not all-inclusive; however, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Housekeeper/Porter.
- Performs daily cleaning of office, clubhouse, kitchen, model(s), and show unit(s), including vacuuming and dusting, as needed.
- Daily cleaning of laundry rooms.
- Helps clean grounds and all common areas daily.
- Complete all duties regarding make-ready/vacant units including cleaning of the following:
- Bathroom fixtures
- Cabinets – inside and outside
- Light fixtures – inside and outside entry doors
- Outlet covers
- Drapery rods
- Light bulb changing/replacement
- Assists in maintaining inventory of cleaning and bathroom supplies.
- Notify maintenance of burned-out light bulbs, broken globes, etc., in units and throughout the exterior of the property, as needed.
- Observes the condition of the property in general and report any unusual circumstances.
- Enters occupied apartments to perform necessary cleaning, as requested.
- Cleans up thoroughly after performing work.
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager, as directed, regarding any supplies necessary to complete cleaning requests.
- Follows company procedures regarding safety and emergencies.
- Attends employee meetings and training seminars, as requested.
- Wears company uniform and badge during work hours.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed hereafter are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or abilities required to do this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Above average written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the predominant business language, English.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Uses good safety habits at all times.
- Neat, clean appearance.
- Compatible with a wide range of people.
- Needs to be thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible, and be service-oriented.
- Color vision
- Ability to push minimum 100 pounds; ability to lift minimum 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Extreme heat or cold
- Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds
- Noise levels may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of earplugs.
- Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, etc.
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties.
- Paints and solvents.
- Bio‐medical waste such as hypodermic needles, body fluids, cultures, specimens, etc.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities. I do hereby certify that I have read and do understand the above job description. I also understand and agree that the Company has the right to change or otherwise modify this job description at any time.